Monday 10 October 2016

DREAMS ARE WORTH CHASING

DREAMS ARE WORTH CHASING
Hi great blog fam, I came across this inspiring experience and want to share it with you guys.
Nobert is an Architect who had the dream of travelling round the world and achieved it with massive experience and was able cave out principles of achieving your dreams.
As I spread the word about my current plans to do a round the world trip, I’ve started to get some feedback regarding this “unconventional” travel style and its destinations. (Update: I’ve already spent over 1,000 days traveling around the world! Best thing I’ve done… following this dream.)
In general, most people have been very positive and supportive of it, but there have been a few naysayers that have made me think for a second; “what am I doing?” But, only for a second.       
While it’s not all bad to get the “gatekeeper’s” perspective, I’m not going to let other people’s negativity stop me from following my dream.
Too many times I’ve experienced this situation.  Before setting on my first solo-backpacking trip to Thailand, I got so many negative feedback about the fact that I was travelling alone to a “dangerous” country and that I was “wasting” the little money I had by going there.
I’m too stubborn to let that stop me.  When I set my mind into doing something… I do it!
In the end, I went to Thailand and experienced one of the turning points in my life that made me realize world travel is something I’m truly passionate about.
Doing a round the world trip has been on the back of my mind for over 10 years and I feel now is the time I can properly do it and enjoy it.  So, I’m not letting anyone make me from doing it.

Now, in response to what naysayers, gatekeepers, or anyone might say to keep you from dreaming, I want to share 19 reasons why you should ignore everyone and follow your dreams:
1.     The only “yes” you need to follow your dreams is yours.
2.     You’ll regret it later in life, and if you’re delaying it, you’ll question yourself why didn’t you do it sooner.
3.     Not following your dreams makes you feel unaccomplished.  Eventually, this will stop you from dreaming altogether.
4.     It will attract some attention, even from the naysayers and haters. You will feel strong as you prove the naysayers wrong.  
5.      “The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.”
6.     People who follow their dreams are doers.   Doers have more power to create, influence, and change their environment… and eventually the world.
7.     Life feels more memorable, hence you feel and become more memorable.
8.     Following your dreams might take unexpected turns, but those are the interesting and memorable challenges of living the dream.
9.     Those challenges will help you grow as they make you step out of your comfort zone.
10.   Dreams make you take chances, but chances can bring more opportunities.
11.   Afraid about it? Good. Being afraid makes you feel more alive, so smash through that brick wall of fear.  Don’t be afraid to make mistakes.  Elbert Hubbard once said, “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually fear you will make one.”
12.   Your dreams and your actions define you.  Don’t let others define you with what they tell you to do and not to.
13.   You will inspire other to follow their own dreams, even if they know nothing about you.
14.   Following your dreams makes you interesting.
15.   Who doesn’t love to challenge the status quo?
16.   There are no rules in life so why limit ‘you’ to what everybody else is doing?
17.   Accomplishing your dreams will spark even bigger dreams.  (Following this dream made me realize an even bigger one: I became location independent!)
18.   You feel you have something more to live for.
19.   Even if your dreams fail, you’ll feel proud you gave it your all to accomplish them. Dreamers fail every now and then, but they also learn more in life. You learn from failure.  So, dust yourself off and try it again.
  It’s your life, live it under your terms!


No comments: