Thursday 29 December 2016

NO TEXT

My classmates in J.S.S 2E chorused my name when the English teacher asked who will not be able to get the text all through the term. Oh! I felt really embarrassed immediately but hid it under a big smile. The teacher acting with wisdom just started the day’s topic without any further comment.

Well, my colleagues were right all through my first year in the secondary school I had only the New General Mathematics I inherited from my sister. So, they could obviously predict that my second year would follow suit.
I got home after school neglecting my closing time football, I cried badly because I felt I was tagged poor and wretched but God bless my Mama for me. She said these words and I quote her;

‘’...you make good grades and will always make better grades than kids with all the texts. This term wouldn’t be an exception, she said. ‘’

These words have been my greatest motivational speech. The words sank into me like a nice shower after a football match. I was comforted and felt great again.Not only did it comfort me, it gave me a defending speech that still helps me face my flaws till date.

I’m sure my colleagues meant no harm by saying that in class but if I had not gone through that I wouldn’t have appreciated the privilege I had.
Take this good advice, if they are going to judge you by your reflection, Why not make a point by not dwelling on the flaws. Learn from your strength because your flaws are there to prove a point not to tear you apart.

I’m sure I would have degraded academically if my mom wasn’t there to comfort me. I still preferred the fact that I had no texts but I had good grades even better than a lot of my colleagues with all the texts.

Restructure your minds and you will discover how soon your flaws can get thrashed.
We all have flaws in our life that we even get judged by but in it all we will prevail and will always have a story to tell. So, be positive and don’t let that put you down.
We are all going to be alright!!

Thanks to everyone who visited my blog in 2016.. I LOVE YOU ALL..2017 will be greater, brighter and glamorous!

                                                                                                                                    Mo.

No comments: