Wednesday 2 November 2016

BECOMING A BETTER YOU 2



Learn to Love Yourself
Hi prime-nation, I know we are all stepping up our game to meet some of the targets we set for this year that is gradually going to an end. I wish us all the very best and above all sound health.
Today, I will be progressing on the series ‘’becoming a better me’’ with discussing a very important part where we learn how to love ourselves.
I know we will be wondering who on earth won’t love him or herself but you would agree with me that most times we don’t act like we do we just profess it always.
“Love yourself. Forgive yourself. Be true to yourself. How you treat yourself sets the standard for how others will treat you.” – Steve Maraboli
I’m really sure Steve understood the principle of loving oneself because if you love yourself you would be very cautious with the decisions you make and the company you keep and also loving oneself help us in our relationships with others because we can’t expect others to love us when we don’t love ourselves.
I’m always sad when I walk through beer joints and find motorcycle drivers after drilling through the day drink away their income neglecting the bills piled up for them and their poor kids who deserve the best they can get. They call it fun and enjoying themselves but I’m sure you agree with me that they don’t love themselves.
I also know of a very awkward fellow student of mine who will get a bottle of Hennessey with the whole of his monthly allowance depending on others for daily meal, where is the love he got for himself? I don’t think I can find it because he is risking his health to feel good.
I’m sure we can all relate to this because if we think deep we will realize there are some actions and routines we’ve got that really shows we don’t love ourselves.
And how can we change all this? You develop a better perspective on life by realizing and accepting that you are a thoroughly good person. You are honest, helpful, loyal, kind, compassionate and friendly. You can feel free to love yourself, respect yourself and be proud of yourself for the person you have become and for the life you are living. You don’t need to explain yourself or make excuses to anyone else. With this level of confidence in oneself your choices will always be drifting towards doing what is very best for yourself automatically becoming a BETTER PERSON!
If you don’t love yourself you can’t love others which will lead to issues in actualizing dreams and living the best of our life.
Lastly, when we are weighed down by guilt, conviction, negativity from others and lack of self esteem we can’t love ourselves and become better, so why can’t we drop all those weight and equip ourselves with the opposite and neglect the negativity around
You can’t be better if you don’t love yourself and if you don’t constantly strive to become a better person you can’t actualize your dreams.
So what’s the basis of life?
Thanks for your time.
I will always appreciate your comments since it seems it’s quite difficult to comment here you can do that by adding me on my facebook page Adetule Moses.


No comments: